Golf Irons and Golf Putters
First of all you should know that when term iron is used in concerning the golf it means the metal blade (or head) attached to the golf stick. Selecting the right golf irons is considered as the basic step towards improvement of game. These golf irons are available in different sizes and finishes. You can choose golf iron according to you style.
Primarily golf irons comes in two finishes namely metal finish and satin finish. You may find a rare golf iron with Fly Yellow finish. Pressure casting method is used for manufacturing these golf irons. The golf irons are made up of soft metals. Some manufacturers prefer to couple these soft metals with steel shafts which according to them provide excellent results. The propriety of forgiveness is considered as a quality of good golf iron. This property gives you an advantage to hit the golf club without change in direction or vibration. Let us elaborate on the different types of golf irons.
• Gun Metal finish Golf Irons: These are considered to be the best golf irons. These gun metal finish golf irons posses the propriety of Ion plasma. This plasma finish enable the golf iron to gain finish level as less as .03 microns. These gun metal finish golf irons are usually hand crafted and give improved performance and great feelings while playing with it.
• The latest and rarer version of yellow finish golf iron also posses all properties of other gun metal golf irons and is manufactured through pressure cast method. However, it is said that these yellow finish golf irons gives slippery feeling that results in reducing drag. You must understand that this yellow finish is not a coating of surface. The yellow finish completely immerses into cast metal and is long lasting. Playing with these yellow finish golf irons will surely add to your pleasure of playing golf.
• Satin finish golf irons are considered to be traditional. These are also manufactured through pressure cast method. It is considered that making these satin finish golf irons makes them consistent than that of forged club heads. Satin finish golf irons also has all properties of gun metal golf irons.
• Mid-size Golf Irons: As is suggestive from the nomenclature, these golf irons are neither too short nor too big. These mid-size golf irons consists of thin top line which is considered to be designed especially for professional golfers. Perimeter weighting is the primary quality of these golf irons. This quality provides forgiveness without conceding feel and distance. It is considered very useful in club head control and greater speed of swing owing to lighter swing weight. This is also helpful in producing click impact as mid-size irons have a slight offset which helps in keeping your hand in front of club. Generally, these mid-size golf irons are available in gun metal finish.
• Oversize Golf Iron: These golf irons are produced with stainless steel. They posses a wider top line. Oversize golf irons are little more offset than the other type of cavity back golf irons. Oversize golf irons are designed keeping the high handicap and mid handicap professional golfers in view. These are considered useful in hitting the golf ball high in the air. These oversize golf irons facilitates you in hitting the ball at longer distance with greater accuracy. Oversize golf irons are mainly available in Graphite and Steel shafts.
Selecting a right golf putter is equally important in improving your game. Golf putters is an aspect of concern for all golfers. Selection of golf putter depends on your personal choice of weight, look and style. Golf putter are available in different specification. Cobra, Ping, Yes Putters, McGregor, Odyssey and Callaway are some popular names of manufacturers of golf putters.